I made chocolate muffins today at Tom’s request. I never really thought of chocolate as making a good muffin for the morning. I suppose for those that are true chocolate connoisseurs would disagree with me. These muffins would compliment a morning cup of coffee or a cup of tea.
I made six jumbo muffins and between Tom and Brian they have eaten five of them.
I added milk chocolate chips and Reese’s peanut butter chips to this chocolate muffin.
Chippy Chocolate Muffins
Makes 6 Jumbo muffins or 12 regular size
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4-1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven 400°
1. Line a muffin pan with cupcake papers. If not using papers, grease the tins. Set aside.
2. In a med-large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl mix egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until flour mixture is moistened. Batter will have lumps.
5. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
6. Fill muffins cups 2/3 full of batter. Add some chocolate and or peanut butter chips to the tops of each if desired.
7. Bake 20 to 25 for jumbo muffins and 17-22 degrees for regular size muffins.