This recipe below is called “BISCOTTI ” REGINA Regina meaning Queen in Italian (Queen’s Biscuit).
Preheat oven 350°F
4 cups sifted flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons anise or lemon extract
½-1 cup sesame seeds
1. Grease two large baking pans.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl cream together shortening, sugar and eggs.
Add extract and mix.
4. Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix well after each
5. Pick up about 3 tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and shape
into a 2 ½ x ¾ inch log with your fingers. Roll log in the sesame
seed, pressing seeds into dough. Repeat with remaining dough.
Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake into preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden
brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool.