Having many various flavors and packages of instant oatmeal, I wondered how a few packages of “apple cinnamon” would taste as an oatmeal pancake.
I got busy and came up with this recipe-
Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
Makes 8 -3 inch pancakes
Serving size-2 pancakes
1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup apple and cinnamon instant oatmeal (4 packages)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5/8 teaspoon (1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon) Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Beat buttermilk, beaten egg, sugar, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in the oatmeal.
3. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the flour mixture to the oat mixture. Blend thoroughly.
5. Refrigerate for an hour before cooking the pancakes.
6. Take batter out of refrigerator and let sit for 10 minutes.
7. Pour a little less than 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot and lightly oiled griddle or frying pan (non-stick works best for this recipe as the pancakes will stick due to the apple bits) spread batter around slightly to make a 3-inch circle and cook until bubbles appear and begin to break. Turn over and cook other side. If not using a non-stick pan, keep the griddle lightly oiled if pancakes start sticking.
Serve with maple syrup, applesauce, or any fruit topping.