I was in a baking mood today. I came up with these cupcakes from the ingredients that I had on hand.
Chocolate Butter Pecan Cupcakes
Preheat oven 350°F
3/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup finely ground pecans
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter pecan flavor
- Into a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix the buttermilk and the chocolate syrup until mixed well.
- In a larger mixing bowl-with a wire whisk-mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, ground pecans, and salt mixing well and breaking up lump as you mix (this eliminates sifting the dry ingredients).
- With and electric mixer on low speed; mix the chocolate buttermilk, oil, egg, vanilla, and butter pecan flavor into the flour mixture until mixed. Then beat on medium-high speed for two minutes.
- Scoop batter into cupcake pan, lined with baking paper, 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350° for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and then frost with vanilla butter cream frosting. Add shaved chocolate to top if desired.