Connie, over at Connie’s Sandstone Haven and CC, recommended to me a delightful blog- Mermaid’s Treasures. There she has many recipes and ideas. Also, on her blog, she has a food meme that I was anxious to do.
1. What’s your #1 comfort food?
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you?
Potato Chips. I am addicted to the things. Yet, I haven’t eaten on in over a year. I have a tendency to eat a whole large bag in one sitting.
3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for?)
Spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna.
4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for…
Haddock. Fried or baked stuffed.
5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food?
6. What food can you absolutely not eat?
7. You need a drink. You grab a….
water or coffee.
Both. I only drink water, coffee or diet coke.
8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had?
Pollo alla Firènze (Florence style chicken)
9. What’s your favorite type of food?
10. Favorite dish?
A seafood platter with fried clams, fried scallops, fried haddock and fried shrimp.
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be?
The Dinner Horn in my hometown of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I would get the seafood platter and a couple of Ward 8’s
12. Are you a soup or salad person?
Soup. I love all kinds of soups.
13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant?
Sit-down restaurant. It would be nice to have some one wait on me for a change. We rarely go out to eat.
14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made?
Umm! I’ve made a few. I can’t think right now.
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is?
17. Who’s your favorite TV cook?
I like Ina Garten, Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis and of course Julia Child. Julia is who most of us remember as our first experience with cooking after our mothers and grandmothers.
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities?
Yes. Ina Garten, The Galloping Gourmet, Julia Child. There are so many more. Can anyone else remember the Galloping Gourmet?
19. Homemade or homemade from a box?
20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Anyone can feel free to tag themselves for this!
If I were going to tag three they would be Connie…all of my blog buddies.