When my daughter, Carrie, was a child, I crocheted mittens for her using a pattern that I purchased. A couple of weeks ago, I got the bright idea to design children’s mittens and write the pattern down to share.
The first one I did was the yellow one. I used a back post dc for the ribbing. I was doing ok until I got to the thumb. As you can see below, it was all wrong.
So, I tried to make another one using a sc ribbing (it’s the pink one). I got the thumb right, but was messing up on the decreases. Not liking how that one turned out, I crocheted another one.
This time I decided to add striping by using a contrasting color. Again, and again and again, I messed up on the decreases. When I gathered the top, the ends were all bunched.
By the time I did the third one, I was getting bored and frustrated with the whole mitten idea and put the project and the pattern aside. Besides, spring is just around the corner. No one will be thinking of mittens then.
In less than a couple of weeks it will be time for us to prepare our soil for planting tomatoes. We have to get the plants in towards the end of March. This year I am only going to plant tomatoes and basil. I am thinking panini with tomatoes, garlic flavored olive oil, mozzarella, basil…