Macaroni Salad with Tuna
Note: Prepare about 6-8 hours before serving.
2 cups of elbow macaroni (before cooked)
3 Tablespoons of fresh minced onions
3 Tablespoon yellow prepared mustard
4 eggs-hard boiled
1 small cucumber-peeled
1 can chunk white tuna or any type of canned tuna-drained
Salad Dressing such as Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika to sprinkle on top of finished salad
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain in a colander and place the macaroni back into the pan. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and put into a med-large bowl.
2. Add the minced onions, mustard, and a small amount of salad dressing or mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the macaroni. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
3. In the meantime, hard-boil your eggs. Peel and set aside or refrigerate until ready to mix the salad all together.
4. After the allotted time, slice your eggs and cucumber any way you wish, add these and the tuna to the salad. Add your dressing/mayonnaise about a 1/2 cup. Add more or less dressing/mayonnaise at your discretion.
5. Sprinkle the top with paprika.
Refrigerate until chilled
Makes 4-6 servings